Loughborough University
Leicestershire, UK
LE11 3TU
+44 (0)1509 222222
Loughborough University

Campus Living

Transfers and cancellations

Where you live is a very important part of your life at University. If you're not completely happy with your accommodation there are several options:

If you wish to move to a vacant room or register on our wating list, please complete our Accommodation Waiting List Transfer Form.

We do not release you from your contract to move into private accommodation or if you decide to commute, unless a replacement is found.

Help with accommodation issues

In the first instance please speak to your Warden if something in particular is affecting or upsetting you - they will do everything they can to help sort out the problem.

Alternatively you can speak in confidence to an Accommodation Consultant - please come into the Student Accommodation Centre.

Move to a vacant room within your hall

If there are vacancies within your hall it may be possible to move to a different room or block - check vacancies with the Student Accommodation Centre and speak to your hall warden.

Move to a vacant room in an alternative hall

You can apply to transfer to a vacant room in an alternative hall subject to availability. (Moves during the Summer Term will only be considered under special circumstances.)

Complete our online Accommodation Waiting List Transfer Form and check vacancies with the Student Accommodation Centre.  Permission will need to be obtained from both wardens prior to moving.

Register on the waiting list

If we do not have a suitable vacancy to offer you, you can register your details on our waiting list by completing our online Accommodation Waiting List Transfer Form.  We will contact you if an appropriate room becomes available. 

Please note:

Contract cancellation

Students who withdraw from University accommodation but remain registered at the University will be liable for Hall fees for the remainder of the Licence Term, unless a replacement is found. A replacement must be a student who has not already registered for accommodation.

Students who withdraw from their course of study at the University or take leave of absence, are required to submit an Accommodation Cancellation Form. Cancellation charges will apply.

For further details please refer to clause 6 of the Halls of Residence Licence Terms and Conditions, found on the Fees, documents and forms page.

Accommodation Waiting List Transfer Form

Search Accommodation

Contact us

Student Accommodation Centre

Opening hours

Mon-Thurs: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Friday: 9.30am - 4.30pm