Halls of residence
Named after a 19th Century artist, designer, writer and socialist.
William Morris, otherwise known as 'Bill Mo', is situated across the road to the Students' Union only 200 metres from campus.
- Bedrooms: 478
- Catering: Self-catered
- Student types: Undergraduate, Art and Design Foundation
- Location: East
At William Morris you will find:
- Beds are 4ft excluding studios (double bedding recommended) - Pillows NOT supplied
- Quiet rooms available
- Weekly cleaning to communal areas in standard room flats, plus corridors, stairwells and common rooms
- Fortnightly cleaning to kitchens and communal areas in en-suite flats (not bedrooms)
- No cleaning in studios or en-suite bedrooms
- Two common rooms - Freeview / Sky TV area, pool table, table tennis, darts etc. (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Coin operated laundrette
- Bike sheds (bicycles stored at this hall are not covered under the University or Unite block insurance policy)
- Rebuild blocks - single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (4 - 6 share large dining kitchen) and +self contained studio flats
- Full refurbishment blocks - standard (wash hand basin) rooms (3- 5 students share large dining kitchens with soft seating and bathrooms) and +self contained studio flats (double beds)
- Part refurbishment blocks - standard (wash hand basin) rooms (7 students share dining kitchen and bathroom facilities)
- Situated close to the Students' Union on Ashby Road
- +11 bedrooms - 3 with 4ft bed, 8 with double beds
- Double rooms with sofa area
- Bathroom and toilet facilities on each floor
- Large shared kitchen
- Lounge/dining room
+ Limited number of these rooms
Accommodation packages available for 2017/18:
- Single standard bedrooms with 4ft beds for 39 weeks @ £4,412.18*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and 4ft beds for 39 weeks @ £5,338.66*
- Studio Flat for 39 weeks @ £6,140.27*
- One bedroom self-contained flat for 39 weeks £6,471.16* +
- Standard single bedrooms with 4ft bed in Somerton for 39 weeks @ £4,498.76* +
- Standard (double) bedrooms in Somerton for 39 weeks @ £4,588.24* +
- Large standard (double) bedrooms in Somerton for 39 weeks @ £4,826.31* +
+ Limited number of these rooms
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Tuesday 26 September 2017
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union William Morris Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Tuesday 26 September 2017
- Returning students: Sunday 01 October 2017
- Semester 2 student: Sunday 04 February 2018
39 weeks let: 26 September 2017 – 30 June 2018
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 02 February 2018 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 30 June 2018 (semester 2 and full year students)
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
Hall Manager: Naomi Mitchell/Nidah Akhtar
Phone: +44 (0)1509 236809
This service provider is affiliated to The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK).
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Mr Julian MacKenzie
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222433
Miss Francezca Karpinki
Mr Thomas Corbett
Ms Franziska Karpinski
Mr Ian Park
Duty mobile: 07855453051
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.