Halls of residence
Professor John Guest Phillips came to Loughborough University as its fourth Vice-Chancellor in January 1986, following a most distinguished career as a zoologist.
At John Phillips you will find:
- 5-8 students share large kitchen
- All rooms have ensuite bathrooms
- One wheelchair accessible room
- Weekly kitchen and communal area cleaning, fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows supplied
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Central card operated laundrette (The Hub)
- Shared common room - The Granby (facilities subject to change)
- Bike shed
- Rice cookers provided in kitchens
- Dining Package available - 10 meals/week x 31 weeks
John Phillips Hall
Accommodation packages available for 2018/19:
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 50 weeks @ £7,136.44*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (#Dining Package 10 meals/week x 31 weeks) for 50 weeks @ £8,498.58*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 27 September 2018
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union John Phillips Hall page.
- New Postgraduates: Thursday 27 September 2018
50 weeks let: 30 September 2018 - 14 September 2019
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Saturday 14 September 2019
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: Villagepark@lboro.ac.uk
Manager: Linda Moulton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222254 or 223803
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Paul Leaney
Phone: +44 (0)1509 214626
Miss Amina Hamoud
Mr Hei Son Wong
Duty Mobile: 07810 595528
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please not this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.