Halls of residence
The original Rutland Hall was built in 1932 and the original Hazlerigg Hall was built in 1937 surrounding the Fountain Lawn next to the present Loughborough Students' Union Building.
In 2008 Hazlerigg-Rutland moved into a brand new home in the student village. This hall offers great facilities and an ideal location.
- Bedrooms: 269
- Catering: Self-catered
- Student types: Undergraduate
- Location: Village
At Hazlerigg-Rutland you will find:
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms
- 6 or 8 Students share large kitchen
- Weekly kitchen and communal area cleaning, fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- All beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows supplied
- Quiet rooms available
- Iron provided
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Central card operated laundrette (The Hub)
- Shared common room - The Granby (facilities subject to change)
- Bike Shed
Hall info: Due to the eco design of this new-build accommodation, there are ongoing problems with regards to mobile phone connection within the building. It may be advisable to make alternative contact arrangements in case of an emergency (phones are provided in kitchens for internal University calls).
Accommodation packages available for 2017/18:
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 41 weeks @ £5,613.31*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 27 September 2017
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Hazlerigg-Rutland Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 27 September 2017
- Returning students: Sunday 01 October 2017
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 04 February 2018
41 weeks let: 01 October 2017 – 14 July 2018
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 02 February 2018 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 14 July 2018 (semester 2 and full year students)
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: Villagepark@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Linda Moulton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222254 or 223803
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Paul Leaney
Phone: +44 (0)1509 214626
Ms Emma Blundell
Miss Amina Hamoud
Mr James Smith
Miss Katie Spalding
Duty Mobile: 07810 595528
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.