Halls of residence
The original Rutland Hall was built in 1932 and the original Hazlerigg Hall was built in 1937 surrounding the Fountain Lawn next to the present Loughborough Students' Union Building.
At Hazlerigg-Rutland you will find:
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms
- 6 or 8 Students share large kitchen
- Weekly kitchen and communal area cleaning, fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- All beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows supplied
- Quiet rooms available
- Iron provided
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Central card operated launderette (The Hub)
- Shared common room - The Granby (facilities subject to change)
- Bike Shed
Accommodation packages available for 2018/19:
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 41 weeks @ £5,851.88*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 26 September 2018.
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Hazlerigg-Rutland Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 26 September 2018
- Returning students: Sunday 30 September 2018
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 03 February 2019
41 weeks let: 30 September 2018 – 13 July 2019
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 01 February 2019 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 13 July 2019 (semester 2 and full year students)
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: Villagepark@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Linda Moulton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222254 or 223803
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Paul Leaney
Phone: +44 (0)1509 214626
Ms Emma Blundell
Miss Amina Hamoud
Mr James Smith
Miss Katie Spalding
Duty Mobile: 07810 595528
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.