Halls of residence
Named after Harold Everett Falkner, founder and former head of Aeronautical Engineering. Also Alfred Thomas Eggington, awarded the Military Cross in 1916, former headmaster of Loughborough College.
Falkner Eggington is our largest self-catered hall on campus. With a unique mix of ages and cultures the hall is known for its community spirit and lively atmosphere.
- Bedrooms: 519
- Catering: Self-catered
- Student types: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Location: Central park
At Falkner Eggington you will find:
- Budget accommodation fully refurbished to a high standard
- Single bedrooms (without wash hand basin)
- Majority of rooms have longer beds for taller students (6ft 6")
- Two adapted en-suite rooms, with standard width entrance doorway & corridor
- Designated postgraduate flats (114 rooms)
- Quiet rooms available
- Large Kitchen/Diner
- 7 or 8 students share 2 x showers & toilets in 2 or 3 storey flats
- Bedrooms cleaned fortnightly
- Kitchens cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- 2 x Common/Games rooms
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
Accommodation packages available for 2017-18:
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £3,485.74*
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 50 weeks @ £4,468.91*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 28 September 2016
To be confirmed
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 28 September 2017
- New Postgraduates: Thursday 28 September 2017
- Returning students: Sunday 01 October 2017
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 04 February 2018
- 39 weeks let: 28 September 2017 - 30 June 2018
- 50 weeks let: 28 September 2017 - 15 September 2018
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 02 February 2018 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 30 June 2018 (semester 2 and full year undergraduate students)
- Saturday 15 September 2018 (postgraduate students)
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
Hall Manager: Wendy Gent
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223834
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Mr Simon Wombwell
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222335
Miss Sophia Tetteh
Miss Fernanda Reisternbach-Goltz
Ms Karmen Cheung
Mr Stephen Murphy
Duty Mobile: 07757251452
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.