Halls of residence
Named after Sir Clifford Butler, Vice-Chancellor of the University from 1975-1985.
Butler Court is a very tight knit community where morale is high and there is a great social life.
East Park refurbishment programme near Towers and Butler Court
Last year we built a new Common Room and Dining Room for Towers’ residents. The works have now moved on to the clearance and landscaping of the old buildings around both halls.
Works will continue into the New Year and we will keep you updated on a regular basis. No noisy works should commence before 8.00 am and works are not scheduled for weekends.
- Bedrooms: 272
- Catering: Self-catered
- Student types: Undergraduate, Sports Performance Athletes, Art and Design Foundation
- Location: East park
At Butler Court you will find:
- Three bedroom flats, 3 - 6 students share a large kitchen diner
- Deluxe and large en-suite rooms have 4 ft beds (double bedding recommended)
- Quiet rooms available
- Deluxe flats have sofa and TV in the kitchen
- Shared twin rooms with en-suite bathroom
- Deluxe Shared Twin rooms with en-suite bathroom
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- Large games/common room including TV, table tennis and table football
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike shed
Accommodation packages available for 2018/19:
- Shared twin bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £3,972.29*
- Deluxe shared twin bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £4,175.59*
- Single bedrooms without wash hand basin for 39 weeks@ £3,872.50 *+
- Large en-suite (4ft bed) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £5,826.76*
- Deluxe en-suite (4ft bed) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £6,208.58*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 26 September 2018
+ Limited rooms of this type
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Butler Court Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 26 September 2018
- Returning Students: Sunday 30 September 2018
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 03 February 2019
39 weeks let: 30 September 2018 - 29 June 2019
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
Friday 01 February 2019 (semester 1 students)
Saturday 29 June 2019 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Manager: Jack Hardy
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223819
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden :Dr Sean Mitchell
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222334
Mr Solomon Osei
Mr Laurence Warren-West
Miss Roses Enang
Duty Mobile: 07731 990251
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.