Short training video for all PDR Reviewers covering the principles and process of PDR at Loughborough
In order to become a PDR reviewer staff must undertake training sessions hosted online and by Staff Development.
Training for 2017 can be split into the following two groups
Mandatory Training for New Reviewers
(those who were appointed as a PDR Reviewer after the PDR process 2016)
- Watch the PDR training video, located below, making notes on the principles and key points
- Attend a training session with Staff Development on 'Delivering Effective PDRs'. This is bookable via my.HR using the button below
Optional Training for Existing Reviewers
(those who were a PDR Reviewer in the PDR process 2016)
- Watch the PDR training video, located below, as a 'refresher'
- Attend a training session with Staff Development on 'Developing Effective PDR Objectives' For school staff these will take place within your school, whereas staff in professional services will be able to book via my.HR using the button below.
Optional Training for ALL Reviewers
- Attend an actor led session to practice potentially challenging PDR conversations. Delegates will have the opportunity to provide the actors, in advance, with a brief of a confidential, potential conversation. This is bookable via my.HR using the button below
Optional Training for ALL Staff
(Reviewers and Reviewees)
- Attend a 'PDR Update Briefing' session. These are being delivered weekly by Staff Development and are availble for all staff to book via my.HR using the button below.
PDR advice surgeries
In addition to training for Reviewers Staff Development will run a bi-weekly confidential PDR Advice Surgery for the duration of the PDR window.
- Provide opportunities for both Reviewers and Reviewees to confidentially discuss any PDR query, issue or concern by booking a twenty-minute appointment with a Staff Development Adviser.
- Can be booked up to 24 hours in advance by contacting the Staff Development desk on 01509 222381.
- Can be conducted over the phone, via skype or face-to-face but not via email.