Welcome to Loughborough Design School
Loughborough Design School epitomises excellence in the three strands of its activity – research, teaching and enterprise.
Design School staff have world leading reputations for their research, teaching and collaboration with industry, commerce and the public sector.
Please browse our website or search for specific information and contacts. We welcome your interest in the School and are looking forward to discussing how we may help with your future study, research or enterprise activity.
Loughborough Design School exhibits excellence in the three strands of its activity: research, teaching and enterprise.
Design School graduates are highly sought after, reflected in the excellent employability figures.
The third strand - enterprise – is embedded in all our activity, including ‘live’ student briefs from industry, commercialisation of graduate projects, and knowledge exchange activities with the public, private and third sector.
The School comprises 42 academic staff; 35 researchers; 50 PhD students; 13 technical staff; and 12 administrative support staff.
The Design School will:
- Continue to be recognised as world-leading in research, development and teaching
- Maintain a leading position in design research
- Pursue cross-disciplinary working within, and beyond, the boundaries of Loughborough University
- Continually strengthen the quality of teaching provision in design and ergonomics
- Build upon a growing culture of enterprise, commercialisation and business incubation