Dr Qinggang Meng
I am a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science, Loughborough University. Before joining Loughborough University, I worked as a postdoctoral research associate for 4 years in University of Wales, Aberystwyth(UWA), UK. I obtained my PhD from the Department of Computer Science, UWA. Before I came to UK, I did one year RA in City University of Hong Kong on intelligent grasping control. Before that, I was working in Intelligent Machine Institute at Tianjin University for several years in the area of intelligent robotics.
I have relatively wide research interests in robotics, unmanned aerial vehicles, networked systems, ambient assisted living, computer vision, AI and pattern recognition, both in theory and applications.
Currently working on a 4-year £1M EPSRC project, "Towards More Autonomy for Unmanned Vehicles: Situational Awareness and Decision Making under Uncertainty". We are looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher in the area of bio-inspired multi-vehicle cooperation (3 years from 2013).
I am also getting involved in a 2-year TSB project on multi-core image/video processing for surveillance applications.
- Biologically and psychologically inspired robotics, developmental robotics
- Robot learning and adaptation
- Service robotics, assistive robotics
- Computer vision, human motion analysis and activity recognition
- Multi-UAV/UGV cooperation, distributed consensus algorithms for networked systems
- Driver's distraction detection, car active safety
- Human activity pattern learning and abnormal behaviour detection, ambient assisted living (AAL)
- Diagnostics and prognostics, and health management of networked systems
- AI, machine learning, self-organising and self-reconfigurable systems
Journal reviewer for:
- IEEE Transactions on System, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B
- IEEE Transactions on System, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
- Journal of Real-Time Image Processing
- Image and Vision Computing
- IET Science, Measurement and Technology
- International Journal of Robotics and Automation
- International Journal of Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Engineering Systems
- Adaptive behaviour
Programme committee member for:
- 2012 the Fifth International Conference on Advanced Computational Intelligence (ICACI2012)
- 2012 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2012)
- 2012 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence , Fuzz-IEEE 2012, IEEE-CEC 2012, IJCNN 2012, Hybrid Special Session on Computational Intelligence for Cognitive Robotics
- Workshop on Digital Media and its Application in Museum & Heritage (DMAMH):DMAMH 09, DMDCM 2010, DMDCM-2011
- IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, 2008
- Technical committee member for FUZZ-IEEE 2008, CEC 2008; Reviewer for Fuzz-IEEE 2010
- International Workshop on Performance Modelling and Evaluation in Computer and Telecommunication Networks, 2007 and 2008.
- 11th International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information & Engineering, KES2007
- Track co-chair, IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, IEEE CASE 2007
- Department Research Coordinator
- Overseas Recruitment - China
- Member of the Vision, Autonomous and Human-Computer Systems Research Group (VAHC)