Dr Lin Guan
Dr Guan is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science at Loughborough University. She received her PhD from the University of Bradford, UK, after which she was also appointed as a Research Associate. She then held a project manager/software engineer position in Simulation Systems Ltd shortly, prior to moving to Loughborough as a Lecturer in 2006.
Her research interests focus on performance modelling/evaluation of heterogeneous computer networks and systems, QoS analysis and enhancements, cloud computing & security, mobile computing, wireless and wireless sensor networks. She has published over 80 journal and conference papers and she has been serving as guest co-editor for several international journals, such as those published by Elsevier and Springer. During her PhD, she was awarded the British Federation of Women Graduates Foundation Main Grant in 2004. She then holds two EPSRC/industry CASE awards, one EngD projects and two industrial subcontracts on feasibility study and consultancy. She receives a prestigious award as Royal Society Industry Fellow and EPSRC/LU KTA project. She is currently working on EPSRC/Rolls Royce funded 4 years project - Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) with QoS Attributes.
- Performance Modelling/Evaluation of Heterogeneous Computer Networks
- Quality of Service (QoS) Analysis and Enhancements
- Congestion Control Mechanisms with QoS Constraints
- Cloud Computing & Security, IoT, and Next Generation of the Internet
- Mobile Computing and Wireless and Wireless Sensor Networks
- Network Security
- Multimedia Systems
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) with QoS attribute
- Royal Society Industry Fellow 2009-2011
- EPSRC ICT prioritisation panel, 2016.
- MSc external examiner for Newcastle University, 2015-2019.
- Chair of PMECT 2007-2017.
- Guest editor for the special issue on Elsevier Journal of Computer and System Sciences (JCSS).
- Guest editor for the special issue on Springer Journal of Telecommunication Systems: Modelling, Analysis, Design and Management.
- Guest editor for the special issue on Performance Modelling and Evaluation of Telecommunication Systems in Elsevier Journal of Simulation, Modeling, Practice and Theory.
- Guest editor for the special issue on Challenges and Future Trends in Pervasive Grid of International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering.
- Editorial Board of Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software
- Director of MSc programme
- Member of the Internet Systems and Network Security Research Group (ISNS)