Dr Iain Phillips
Head of Department
Dr Iain Phillips (FBCS, MACM) has been involved in computer networks research for over 20 years, with over 100 publications in this area. His main work has been in network architecture considering performance, protocols and algorithms for the Internet and Wireless Sensor Networks.
He has a BSc in Computing and Information Systems and a PhD in Computer Science from Manchester University. He has worked at Loughborough since 1992 as a research Associate and Fellow in Electronic and Electrical Engineering before moving to Computer Science in 1999. He was Head of Computer Science from 2008 to 2011. From August 2015 he has been Director of Academic Staffing in the School of Science and from August 2016 the Acting Head of Computer Science.
- Internet Architectures, Routing and Performance Measurement
- Wireless Sensor Network Architectures and Protocols
- Co-chair NGN MSN workshop 2014 - present
- Member of the Board of the BCS Academy of Computing
- Head of Department, Computer Science
- Director of Academic Staffing, School of Science
- First Aider
- Fire Marshall
- Member of the Internet Systems and Network Security Research Group (ISNS)