Dr Marcus Enoch
- BEng (Hons), MSc (Eng), Ph.D, MCILT, FHEA, FRGS
- Senior Lecturer in Transport Studies, Admissions Tutor: BSc Transport and Business Management and BSc Air Transport Management, Transport Studies Group
- +44 (0)1509 223408
- Infrastructure and Transport
- UK Local Authority Attitudes to Park and Ride
- Stakeholder Perspectives on the Current and Future Roles of UK Bus-based Park and Ride
- Automobile use within selected island states
BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering, University of Nottingham, 1990-1993.
MSc (Eng) in Transport Planning and Engineering, University of Leeds, 1993-1994.
Ph.D, Bus-based best-practice and urban transport emissions, The Open University, 1994-1998.
News and features writer, Local Transport Today, London, 1997-1999.
Research fellow, Energy and Environment Research Group, The Open University, 1999-2003.
Lecturer in Transport Studies, Department of Civil and Building Engineering, Loughborough University, 2003-2007.
Senior Lecturer in Transport Studies, Department of Civil and Building Engineering, Loughborough University, 2007-present.
- Member of the Transport Planning Society
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society
- Visiting research fellow at the Department of Design and Innovation, The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK, January 2003-present
- Visiting research fellow at The Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan, August-September 2005
- Visiting lecturer at the Geography Division, University of Malta, Mdina, Malta, April 2007
- Visiting lecturer at the Institute for Climate Change and Sustainable Development, University of Malta, Msida, Malta, December 2013
- Freelance journalist: Regular contributor of articles and photographs to several publications including Local Transport Today, Parking Review, Traffic Engineering and Control, Surveyor, Town and Country Planning, and Transit
- Board member of European Platform of Mobility Management, November 2013 - present day.
- Board member of ACT Travelwise, October 2013 - present day.
- Member of the Transportation Demand Management Committee of the US Transportation Research Board, April 2011 - present day.
- Media contact for the Universities Transport Studies Group, January 2011 - January 2014.
- Academic member of the Transport Taxation Group, April 2002 - present day
- Academic member of the Groundfloor Partnership of UK Travel Plan Companies, April 2001 - January 2007
- Academic member of the National Business Travel Network of UK Travel Plan Companies, February 2007 - present day
- Member of the Transport Planning Society, January 2003 - present day
- Advisor to the International funding study element of the Public Transport Fares and Funding Study, carried out by consultant Halcrow's for London Transport, 2000
- Advisor to the Review of the Bedfordshire County Council DART Demand Responsive Transport System for Bedford Borough Council, 2005
- Advisor to the London Borough of Southwark on car club, travel plan, parking and planning issues, April 2000 - December 2008
- Advisor to Transport for London on travel plan and planning issues, April 2005 - December 2008
- Advisor to the Department for Transport on travel planning issues, June 2006 - present day
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, May 2007 - present day
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, August 2007 - July 2009
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, August 2009 - present day
The design, financing, implementation, operation and monitoring of Sustainable Transport Systems. In particular:
Transportation Demand Management and Mobility Management measures - e.g. travel plans, parking policies, road pricing, car free development, tax and transport, use of the land use planning system.
Road based public transport systems - e.g. Buses, Demand Responsive Transport systems, car sharing, car clubs, vanpooling etc.
Transport policy in island developing states.
Developing Relevant Tools for Demand Responsive Transport (DRT for DRT).
TRAVEL PLAN PLUS
A possible blueprint for mainstreaming travel plans in the UK
Improving Public Transport Research - Monitoring Kickstart Schemes
An Evaluation Study of Demand Responsive Transport
The Variable Price and Attribute Transport System