Professor Simon Austin
- Assessing the long term benefits of Impressed Current Cathodic Protection
- Applying a universal content and structure of values in construction management
- Conceptualizing stakeholder engagement in the context of sustainability and its assessment
- Hardened properties of high-performance printing concrete
Educated at Stamford School. BSc in Civil Engineering (1st Class) from Loughborough University of Technology . Doctoral research in fibre composites. Worked for Tarmac Construction and Scott Wilson Kirkpatrick & Partners before joining Loughborough University as a lecturer in 1984. Appointed to Chair in Structural Engineering in 1999.
Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers; Consultant member of the Sprayed Concrete Association; Consultant member of the Association of Concrete Industrial Flooring Contractors
Founder Director of Adept Management Limited; Member of BSI commitee MS/2 Project Management; Member of BSI commitee MS/4 Design Management Systems; Member of EFNARC Technical Committee Sprayed Concrete; Member of BSi Working Group B/517/WG10 - Sprayed Concrete; Member of CEN TC104/WG10 Sprayed concrete and TG3 - Test methods; Chair of the Concrete Society/ACIFC TR34 Design Group; Member and secretariat of CEN TC104/WG11 - Fibres for concrete; EPSRC College member, serving on SMART, IMI and LINK panels.
Structural materials and Design, which grew out of my doctoral research in fibre reinforced composites and industrial experience as a structural engineer.
3D printing, sprayed concrete, fibre reinforced concrete, reinforcement corrosion and management, pre-cast systems, concrete slabs, concrete durability.
Project processes, process modelling, design management, integration of design and construction, value management, workspace design, collaborative working.
Recent and curent projects include:
- Managing value delivery in design
- Integrated Collaborative design
- Process protocol
- Mapping conceptual design of buildings
- Concrete industrial Floors - TR34
- Behaviour of concrete floors
- Wet process sprayed concrete
- Research environments for the knowledge economy
- Academic workspace
- Knowledge and information management through life
- Sustained competitiveness in the UK construction industry: a fresh perspective
- Adaptable Buildings
- SUE-MOT - Metrics, Models and Toolkits for Whole Life Sustainable Urban Development
- Concrete printing
- Health and Care Infrastructure Research and Innovation Centre
See personal homepage for more.