Professor Jonathan Wright BTech PhD CEng MCIBSE MIMechE MASHRAE
Professor of Building Optimization
Group Leader: Building Energy Research
Educated at Loughborough University of Technology. Joined Liverpool University as a Lecturer in 1987. Returned to Loughborough University in 1991 and was promoted to Professor in 2007.
Broad interests and expertise
- The application of Evolutionary Algorithms in the model-based optimum design and control of buildings.
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
- Member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers
Previous research projects
- The automatic synthesis of optimum HVAC System configurations for minimum energy use (funded by ASHRAE).
- The simultaneous optimization of building fabric construction, HVAC system capacity, and the HVAC system supervisory control strategy (funded by the EPSRC).
- The multi-criterion optimum design of buildings (funded by the EPSRC).
- First principle model-based fault detection and diagnosis of HVAC system operation (funded by ASHRAE).
- Model-based commissioning of HVAC systems (PhD studentship).
- Uncertainty analysis of a HVAC sub-system (PhD studentship).
- Model-based optimum superviroy control of fabric-thermal stroage systems (PhD studentship).
- Modelling and optimum control of a sub-dewpoint chilled beam system (PhD studentship).
- Editorial Board member of Building and Environment
- Editorial Board member of the Journal of Building Performance Simulation