Help us to help you
Please tell us if you are unhappy with the way in which your request for information was handled
- Did we fail to respond to your request within 20 working days?
- Did you not receive all the information you requested?
- Do you disagree with the way in which we applied an exemption to some of the information you requested?
Complaints Procedure - Freedom of Information Act 2000
The University takes its obligations under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) and the Environmental Information Regulations very seriously.
If, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with the way in which your request for information has been handled, you may invoke the following complaints procedure.
The Complaints Procedure is split into informal and formal complaints. The University hopes to be able to resolve most complaints on an informal basis. Therefore, you are asked to pursue the informal complaints procedure before invoking the formal complaints procedure.
1. Informal Complaints Procedure
- Contact (written or otherwise) the individual/department that handled your initial enquiry and they will try to resolve the complaint informally.
- The individual/department must respond to your complaint within 20 working days.
- If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, or do not receive a response within 20 working days, you are entitled to invoke the formal complaints procedure (see below).
2. Formal Complaints Procedure
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of an informal complaint, you must make a formal complaint in writing, and provide the necessary and supporting evidence/paperwork;
- Address your written complaint to the Freedom of Information Officer, Rutland Building, Loughborough University, Loughborough, LE11 3TU or email email@example.com.
- The Freedom of Information Officer will investigate and respond to your complaint within 20 working days.
- If The Freedom of Information Officer handled your original request for information under the Freedom of Information Act, your complaint will be referred directly to the Academic Registrar of the University to ensure the investigation is carried out independently.
- The Academic Registrar (or nominee) will review your complaint and respond within 20 working days of his/her receipt of the complaint.
If, after exhausting the University’s complaints procedure, you are still dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner.
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF