Join the Studio Family
ARE YOU A LBORO GRAD? WORKING ON A NEW BUSINESS IDEA? WANT FREE OFFICE SPACE, GRANTS & BUSINESS SUPPORT?
THE STUDIO is Loughborough University’s Award-Winning Graduate Start-up Incubator.
We’ve made it our mission to bring together ambitious Lboro graduates working on exciting new business ventures.
Step 1 – Let’s Get Talking
The first step is simple, and should take just 5 mins.
Email Incubator@lboro.ac.uk to be considered for the next round (application closing date: January 2022 for late February/early Spring 2022 intake).
In your email, tell us who you are and when you graduate/graduated.
Send us whatever you have which explains your idea. This could include a slide deck, a website, or a short description of your business (including what you intend to sell, who to, what you’ve achieved so far and what you’re hoping to do next).
Step 2 – Interview / Application
Submit a short slide deck (known as a ‘Pitch Deck’) outlining your business in a little more detail – for tips on what to include please click here: Studio Slide Deck August 2021
We’ll also arrange for you to speak with our Incubator Team to run through your idea in more detail.
Step 3 – Review / Offer
At this stage we may ask for further, more detailed information about your business plans.
Our Loughborough Enterprise Network (LEN) Team will review your application and confirm whether you have been successful.
What happens next?
If you’re successful, we will invite you to join the Studio.
If you're invited to join The Studio community, you’ll be invited to access:
- An Intensive Training Week designed to accelerate your busines
- Workspace at Loughborough University business incubator, LU Inc., for 12 months (+ possible 12 month extension)
- Training and Events programme (made up of weekly and monthly events delivered by entrepreneurs and industry experts)
- One to one business performance coaching, entrepreneurs in residence, business experts and experienced entrepreneur/investor mentors
- Profile raising opportunities through the University’s promotional networks
- Access to funding through Start-up Fund (grants up to £5,000 for recent graduates of LU - within 2 years of graduation – plus further £2.500 Scale-Up grants exclusive to Studio members)
Our support is FREE. NO FEES. NO EQUITY. NO CHARGES.