News and activities
14 October 2019 - 15 July 2019
Paper Writing Workshop with Professor Michael Myers
Presented By The Centre for Information Management
- Loughborough University, TBC
About this event
We are delighted to be able to offer a 2-day paper writing workshop designed and facilitated by Michael Myers, Professor of Information Systems, University of Auckland.
The workshop is scheduled for 14-15 October 2019 at Loughborough University UK. There is a strict limit on numbers for the workshop with a maximum of 20 places. This workshop is open to faculty and PhD students. There are no joining or registration fees for the workshop. however, accommodation and travel expenses will be funded by the participant's own budget - the participants will have to make their own accommodation and travel arrangements.
This paper development workshop is an opportunity for you to complete the writing of one major piece of work (e.g. a conference or journal paper) at least good first draft stage. The overall objective is for you to publish this work in the highest-ranking outlet possible. As well as attending plenary sessions on writing and publishing, this workshop will enable you to:
- improve your writing practice and style
- share your work with others and receive their feedback
- receive expert personal feedback and guidance on your writing
- develop a positive group-based attitude to writing
The workshop will have a few plenary sessions on writing and publishing along with some question-and-answer sessions. There will also be a few sessions where reviewers will discuss their reviews with the author(s), chaired by an experienced author/editor. Each small group session will focus exclusively on the development of one paper. These sessions will enable you to receive feedback on your work. Michael will be available during the workshop to give confidential one-to-one feedback and guidance to you if you wish.
All attendees MUST submit the draft of their paper to the online submission system by 20 September 2019.
All attendees MUST also review two submitted papers and submit their written reviews by 7 October 2019.
Attendance and Submission Guidelines
If you would like to attend the workshop please:
- Email the review coordinator Boyka Simeonova (B.Simeonova@lboro.ac.uk) indicating your intention to submit by 30 August 2019.
- Submit your draft full paper to the online submission system by 20 September 2019.
- Complete and submit two written reviews to the online submission system by 7 October 2019.
Additional information about the workshop can be found on https://easychair.org/cfp/pww2019loughborough