Claire's research interests are broad ranging but tend to coalesce around inequality: including gender role inequalities in the home and workplace; comparative social policies and welfare states; wage inequalities; and career development and employability.
- Padley, M., Davis, A., Shepherd, C. and Stone, J. (2019) A Minimum Income Standard for London 2018. London: Trust for London.
- Davis, A., Hirsch, D., Padley, M. and Shepherd, C. (2018) A Minimum Income Standard for the UK, 2008-2018: continuity and change. York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
- Hill, K., Shepherd, C. and Hirsch, D. (2018) Experiences of Living with Visual Impairment: matching income with needs. Loughborough: Centre for Research in Social Policy.
- Shepherd, C., Hanson, J. and Dodd, V. (2018) ‘Experiences of Education, Health and Care plans: A Multivariate Analysis March 2018’. London: Department for Education
- Adams, L., Tindle, A., Basran, S., Dobie, S., Thomson, D., Robinson, D. and Shepherd, C. (2017) ‘Experiences of Education, Health and Care plans. A survey of parents and young people. Research report March 2017’. London: Department for Education
- Shepherd, C. (2017) ‘The gender and age profile of the house-building sector’, Milton Keynes: NHBC Foundation
- Shepherd, C. and Hooley, T. (2016) ‘They’ve got their backs to the sea’: Careers work in Kent’s coastal schools. Derby: International Centre for Guidance Studies, University of Derby.
- Hooley, T., Shepherd, C. and Dodd, V. (2015). ‘Get yourself connected: conceptualising the role of digital technologies in Norwegian career guidance’. Derby: International Centre for Guidance Studies, University of Derby