James joined Loughborough University in 2016, having previously obtained a BA hons. (1st) in Philosophy at the University of Warwick in 2011, and an MA (Distinction) in Philosophy from the University of Sheffield in 2014. He is currently working towards completing his PhD.
James' office hour is Wednesday 1pm-2pm, in the PGR Room of the Herbert Manzoni Building (next to K.1.09).
- 19EUA800 - The Making and Unmaking of the World Order (seminar tutor, 2019/20)
- 18EUA801 - Power, Politics & Ideology in Modern Europe (seminar tutor, 2018/19)
- 18EUA800 - The Making and Unmaking of the World Order (seminar tutor, 2018/19)
- 17EUA607 - Introduction to Democratic Government (seminar tutor, 2017/18)
- 17EUA613 - Political Ideologies (seminar tutor, 2017/18)
- “Let Machinery Work For Instead of Against the People’: Etzlerism and its Relationship to Contemporary Postwork Politics”, Challenging the Work Society: an Interdisciplinary Summit (27-28 September 2019, Birkbeck, University of London).
- “Paradise is Not Working: Work-Abolition in Nineteenth-Century and Contemporary Utopian Thinking”, Utopian Studies Society 20th International Conference (1-5 July 2019, Monash University Prato Centre, Italy).
- “Machinery has Superseded to a Great Extent Human Labour: The Untimely Cultural Criticism and Positive Vision of a Nineteenth-Century Post-Work Movement”, Cultural Production and the Redundancy of Work: Precarity, Automation & Critique (Raymond Williams Society Annual Conference), (26-27 April 2019, Manchester).
- “Saving the World by Taking it Easy: On the Utopian Convergence of Post-Work Politics and Radical Ecology”, Political Studies Association 69th Annual International Conference (15-17 April 2019, Nottingham Trent University).
- “A Robotic Revolt against Work and Poverty: the Futuristic Experiments, Transatlantic Misadventures and Unfinished History of John Adolphus Etzler and the Tropical Emigration Society, 1844-1847”, The Politics of Sedition in Long Nineteenth Century Britain: A Social and Cultural Discourse (10 November 2018, University of Warwick).
- “Anarchism and the Crisis of Work”, 5th International Anarchist Studies Conference (12-14 September 2018, Loughborough University).
- 'Review of Keywords for Radicals: The Contested Vocabulary of Late-Capitalist Struggle, ed. by Kelly Fritsch, Clare O’Connor & AK Thompson', Anarchist Studies, Vol. 25, No. 1 (2017), pp. 121-124.