- Project Manager, Wessex Archaeology (Coastal & Marine Team)
- 2010: PhD Geography, Loughborough University
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Archaeologists (ACIfA)
- Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland
Andrew is an experienced geoarchaeologist and marine archaeological consultant with particular expertise on Quaternary submerged prehistoric landscapes in the UK and Europe. He is an active researcher in the UK and Mediterranean focussing upon coastal geoarchaeology, human-environment interactions and environmental survey techniques.
Andrew is a Senior Archaeologist for Wessex Archaeology, Coastal & Marine based in Scotland providing specialist archaeological and geoarchaeological services and consultation for wide range of maritime heritage projects; located in freshwater, coastal, inter-tidal and marine contexts. He has published extensively on marine cultural heritage management and submerged prehistoric landscapes. Recently Andrew has co-authored the publication of the globally-significant submerged Neanderthal prehistoric material from aggregates licence area 240 off East Anglia and several reviews of submerged prehistory and palaeolandscapes research in UK waters.
- Tizzard, L., Bicket, A., De Loecker, D., Benjamin, J., 2014 “A Middle Palaeolithic Site in the southern North Sea: Investigating the archaeology and palaeogeography of Area 240”Journal of Quaternary Science 29(7): 698-710. DOI: 10.1002/jqs.2743
- Benjamin, J., Bicket, A., Anderson, D., Hale, A. 2014. “A multi-disciplinary approach to researching the intertidal and marine archaeology in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland”, Journal of Island and Coastal Archaeology 9(3): 400-424. DOI: 10.1080/15564894.2014.934490
- Bicket, A., Tizzard, L., Firth, A., Benjamin, J., 2014, ‘Heritage Management and Submerged Prehistory in the United Kingdom’, In Flatman et al. (Eds), Prehistoric Archaeology on the Continental Shelf: A Global Review, Springer, DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4614-9635-9_12.
- Ghilardi, M., Psomiadis, D., Pavlopoulos, K., Çelka, S.M., Fachard, S., Theurillat, T., Verdan, S., Knodell, A.R., Theodoropoulou, T., Bicket, A., Bonneau, A., and Delanghe-Sabatier, D., 2014, ‘Mid- to Late Holocene shoreline reconstruction and human occupation in Ancient Eretria (South Central Euboea, Greece)’, Geomorphology 208: 225–237, DOI: 10.1016/j.geomorph.2013.12.006.
- Bicket, A., 2013, ‘Audit of Current State of Knowledge of Submerged Palaeolandscapes and Sites’, Wessex Archaeology for English Heritage, NHPP project 6231.
- Vella, M-C., Ghilardi, M., Diouf, O., Parisot, J-C., Hermitte, D., Provansal, M., Fleury, J., Dussouillez, P., Delanghe-Sabatier, D., Demory, F., Quesnel, Y., Hartmann-Virnich, A., Delpey, Y., Berthelot, M., Bicket, A., 2013, ‘Geoarchaeology of the Rhone River in the area of Pont Saint-Bénézet (Avignon, Provence, France) during the second half of the second millennium AD: an integrated historical geography and palaeoenvironmental study,Géomorphologie: relief, processus, environnement 3/2013:287-310, DOI: 10.4000/geomorphologie.10300.
- Ghilardi, M., Fachard, S., Collana, C., Pavlopoulos, K., Psomiadis, D., Bicket, A., Crest, Y, Bonneau, A., Delanghe-Sabatier, D., (2012), “Reconstructing Mid-to Recent Holocene paleoenvironments in the vicinity of Ancient Amarynthos (Euboea Island, Greece)”, Geodinamica Acta 25: 38-51, DOI: 10.1080/09853111.2013.838064.
- Ghilardi, M., Colleu, M., Pavlopoulos, K., Fachard, S., Psomiadis, D., Rochette, P., Demory, F., Knodell, A., Triantaphyllou, M., Delanghe-Sabatier, D., Bicket, A., 2013, ‘Geoarchaeology of Ancient Aulis (Boeotia, Central Greece): a long-term connectivity between human occupation and landscape change’, Journal of Archaeological Science 40: 2071-2083, DOI: 10.1016/j.jas.2012.12.009.
- Bicket, A., Sanderson, D.C.W., Whitelaw, L. 2012, “Chapter 2: Geoarchaeological investigation of the Vagnari landscape”, Small, AS. (Ed.) Vagnari, Site Monograph. Edipuglia, Bari.
- Bicket, A., 2011, “Submerged Prehistory: Marine ALSF Research In Context”.
- Bicket, A., Rendell, H.M., Claridge, A., Andrews, J., Rose, P., Brown, F.S.J., 2009. “Multi-scale geoarchaeological approaches from the Laurentine Shore, Castelporziano, Lazio, Italy. Géomorphologie, relief, processus et environnement. 4/2009, p 257-270, DOI: 10.4000/geomorphologie.7720.