Dr Jon Cloke works as National Network Manager for the UK Low Carbon Energy for Development Network based here in Geography and Environment.
The LCEDN was set up as a network hosted by Loughborough University and the Durham Energy Institute to link the research expertise in the UK on energy and development and to improve research co-ordination and funding efficiency. Jon works at mapping the UK low carbon for development research landscape and has recently been involved in coordinating the projects funded under the Understanding Sustainable Energy Solutions (USES) research programme funded by the UK government department DfID. Jon is now researcher on DfID’s Transforming Energy Access (TEA) programme and another DfID-funded project, the Solar Nano-grids project (SONG). He has lectured in human geography in the Geography and Environment subject area at Loughborough in a wide range of modules from Level 1 to postgraduate and has also worked as an NGO Consultant to different non-government organizations including the UK-based NGO Practical Action developing policy documents for guiding strategy.
- Year 1: Practising Geography – Residential Fieldcourse.
- Final Year: Central America - Dependency and Development.
- Globalization - Key Debates and Issues.
- Cloke, J. (2013) The Evolution of Ultracapital and Actor-Network Capitalism, COLLeGIUM: Studies across Disciplines in the Humanities and Social Sciences, Volume 14: Dictatorship of Failure: The Discourse of Democratic Failure in the Current European Crisis.
- Cloke, J. (2013) Empires of Waste and the Food Security Meme, Geography Compass 7/9 (2013): 622–636.
- Brown, E., Castañeda, F., Cloke, J., Taylor, P. (2013) Towards financial geographies of the unbanked: international financial markets, ‘bancarizacion’ and access to financial services in Latin America, The Geographical Journal, 179(3): 198-210.
- Brown, ED and Cloke, JMP (2011) Critical perspectives on corruption: an overview,Critical Perspectives on International Business, 7(2), pp.116-124, ISSN: 1742-2043. DOI:10.1108/17422041111128203.
- Rocha, J, Brown, ED, Cloke, JMP (2011) Of legitimate and illegitimate corruption: Bankruptcies in Nicaragua, Critical Perspectives on International Business, 7(2), pp.159-176, ISSN: 1742-2043. DOI: 10.1108/17422041111128230.Cloke, J. (2011) What Is ‘The Fight Against Corruption’ In Nicaragua? Encuentro No. 89/2011: 110-113.
- Brown, ED and Cloke, JMP (2010) "Do as we say not as we do: Corruption myths", Just Change: Critical Thinking on Global Issues, (17), pp.8-9, ISSN: 1176-8185.