Modelling Manufacturing Systems and Processes (On Campus)
11 March 2019 - 15 March 2019
This course provides an understanding of manufacturing in light of both the breadth and depth of required resources and information. The hierarchy of computer-based modelling relevant to manufacturing is explored, ranging from the detail of material behaviour in processed parts, through macroscopic process models to the integration of processes within manufacturing systems and higher level business processes. The influence of characteristic spatial- and time scales within manufacturing systems is studied, along with techniques for modelling the physical and organisational aspects of manufacturing systems. Knowledge integration issues within manufacturing systems are also examined.
- Course code
- One Week
- Course leader
- Mr Bob Wood
- The Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing
- Places available
- Target audience
- This course is for graduates in engineering or other technical disciplines (see above).
- Previous experience
- If you do not have a degree but have relevant experience please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering with details of your work experience. An assessment will be made on your suitability for the course.
- 100% Coursework
- Course fee
- £1,342 (non Alumni), £1,074 (Alumni) £1,177 (Multiple Bookings).
- Accommodation costs
- Not applicable
- Accommodation information
- Not applicable
In the event of cancellation by the delegate, an administration fee of £250.00 for each student place is levied.
Cancellations must be received at least 5 working days prior to the start of the course. We regret that no refund of course fees can be made for cancellations received after this date.
To apply for a refund you must inform us, in writing, and provide written evidence of the original payment as refunds will only be paid to the account from where it originated. The University also reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the content of the course. In the event of cancellation by the University, fees will be refunded in full. It does not accept liability for costs incurred by delegates or their organisations for cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation.
© 2019 Loughborough University. All rights reserved.