What's Next? Year 11 VIP Event
Date: 18th September 2021
BOOKINGS ARE NOW CLOSED - WE ARE OPERATING A WAITING LIST SO PLEASE DO SIGN UP AND IF A PLACE BECOMES AVAILABLE WE WILL BE IN TOUCH. IF YOU DO NOT HEAR BACK FROM US BY 5PM ON FRIDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER 2021 THEN WE ARE AT FULL CAPACITY FOR THE EVENT. THANK YOU!
The Year 11 What's Next VIP Event, is an exciting opportunity for local students to learn more about their future options by visiting our campus and finding out how Loughborough University can help support their choices after GCSEs and even into studying at university.
Our aim is to help students and their parents or guardians understand the post 16 choices available, better prepare students for college or university applications and address any questions or concerns about higher educational study in general, ranging from financial issues, accommodation queries or career progression.
As part of the day attendees will have VIP tours of the campus, meet with School & College Liaison staff and current student ambassadors to understand their post-16 course options, and learn how contextual offers could offer them an easier route into university.
There will also be focused parent and guardian sessions being held whilst students take part in other activities to outline the potential benefits of Loughborough and our contextual offers, as well as ‘myth busting’ to break down any perceived barriers or concerns about higher education.
What to expect
- A presentation about the ‘Loughborough Offer’ and what it means for your dependant
- A Campus Tour
- Refreshments served
- A guide to writing personal statements; all students will either start this at the beginning of Year 11 or will have done so already, in preparation for their post-16 applications
- For any students who do not yet know what they want to do, we will have a dedicated session about making post-16 choices in one of our IT suites
- There will also be a focused parent/guardian session where we will cover topics such as finance, contextual offers, accommodation, student support services, post-16 activities and anything else you would like answers to
- Lunch and refreshments also provided by our award-winning catering services team, so you get to sample the standard of food available to students whilst living on campus
- Subject Fair and information stands
- A chance to look at our fabulous accommodation
Please see below for the schedule on the day. A more detailed programme will be provided upon arrival.
- 9:00 - 9:45 Arrival and Registration in the James France Building
- 9:50 - 10:00 Welcome and Safety Briefing
- 10:00 - 12:30 Morning sessions including refreshments
- 12:30 - 13:45 Lunch served and Subject Fair
- 13:50 - 14:50 Afternoon sessions
- 14:50 - 15:15 Closing session and departure
Please note that this event is only open to students from a Widening Participation background as outlined by our inclusivity webpage. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Don’t forget to wear comfy shoes as our campus is big and our tours are on foot! If you or your guests have any mobility issues which you would like us to factor into your tour experience. If you have any questions give us a call on 01509 222231 or drop us an email.
Getting to Campus
If you are travelling by car and using a satnav, please use postcode LE11 3TU to get to campus. For further information on how to find us and travelling to the University please visit our website.
Upon arrival at the University, please make your way the James France Building to register for the event. Free parking is available onsite in a number of car parks nearby including Car Park 18 which is right in front of the Schofield Building. Student Ambassadors will be on hand to greet you and show you the way.
We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable during their visit, therefore hand sanitiser will be provided for all visitors to use. We are also limiting our numbers so social distancing measures can be implemented and we ask that all visitors follow these procedures whilst with us on campus. With this in mind, booking will be done on a first come, first served basis so please don’t miss out.
The university is still operating a face covering policy, therefore face masks will need to be worn inside buildings unless exempt.