- Automotive Systems Engineering MSc
- Study area
- Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering
The teaching experience is really amazing, everything you learn is applicable for modern and future technology and we also have lecturers from the industry to show us how the knowledge is applied in real-world.
What did you do before your master’s degree?
BSc Mechanical Engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria. I have also worked as an Assembly Engineer at Kia Motors Nigeria before coming for master’s in automotive engineering at Loughborough.
Please tell us the reasons why you decided to come to Loughborough University
I found out that Loughborough is highly placed as one of the best universities for engineering in UK which means that the facilities are really of world-class standards.
I also noticed that Loughborough University has good relationships with graduate employers and loads of them come into campus to find bright students who could become potential employees. The percentage of Loughborough graduates in employment within 6 months of their graduation is really amazing.
How did you fund your master’s degree?
I was awarded the Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarship which catered for my tuition fees.
What are the thoughts about your student experience so far?
- The members of staff are very welcoming and supportive. They are very concerned about your success and they keep encouraging you to be excellent.
- The student experience is fabulous. There are loads of programmes, events, clubs and societies to get involved in.
- The teaching experience is really amazing, everything you learn is applicable for modern and future technology and we also have lecturers from the industry to show us how the knowledge is applied in real-world.
Tell us about any specific support from your department
The department has state-of-the art facilities to put theoretical knowledge into practice and the lecturers are well experienced and also very supportive.
What are your plans for the future?
I want to work in a car production company doing research and make an impact on future technologies.
How do you think studying this course at Loughborough University will help you achieve these ambitions?
My course not only offers modules on modern technology but also helps us to stretch our imaginations about upcoming technology. We also have guest lecturers and students from the industry who tell us about the present-day focus of the automotive industry and future plans.