Evolving Your Business Competition
We are proud to present this year's evolve competition submissions. Below you can watch our amazing founders 1-minute video pitches and vote for your selection in our two prize categories. Voting closes on the 7th of September!
The two prize categories have a £250 prize:
1. Our ‘One to watch’ – This category considers the businesses ‘potential for the future’ – this could be in the idea itself, the founder, the sector or market that the business is breaking into, the innovation and / or the long-term sustainability of the idea.’ £250 prize.
2. Our ‘Best Overall Pitch’– This category considers the pitch in the following ways: Is it clear?E.g., the idea is easy to understand and communicated well. Are the pitching skills of the founder on point? What is the call to action? Is there a clear understanding of what is next for the business, what they are asking for and /or what they will spend the prize-funding on or towards if successful. £250 prize.
Please take your time to vote for your selection in each of the prize categories - we know its an almost impossible task as all the business founders have really excelled, so good luck :)
Komal Ghai, Shreyans Nilvarna, Jordan Vasileiadis - Athletismos
Athletismos is the first social media platform, fully dedicated to sports and fitness, giving its users the ability to fully personalise the watching experience, and also earn rewards and prizes in a competitive and challenging video creation environment.
Katie Michaels - Moti Me
A developmental toy for children with additional needs, primarily designed as a physiotherapy aid; the product encourages the development of core physical skills including coordination, strength, and range of motion, whilst making exercises exciting for both the child and parent.
Riccardo Barbieri, Amir Hassari, Omar Al-Maaytah - In-Veeta
In-veeta a smart domestic gardening system allowing our users to grow their own fresh nutritious food with minimal effort whilst helping our planet by reducing the pressure on our resources and minimising the carbon footprint of our food industry.
Kim Hutton - Human Connections Ltd
Human Connections runs 'immersive emapthic modelling' workshops to design professionals and service providers to 'humanise' design and alllow participants and design professionals to understand their users needs by 'walking in their shoes' and offer them design insights to break down exclusion barriers in the built environment and service delivery.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I vote for the same business in both categories?
Yes, as long as you think they are deserving of both :)
2. Can I vote for myself?
Technically we cannot stop you, however, we encourage you to select and promote your peers! Good business and supporting others goes a long way in the start-up world.
3. I am having trouble voting?
We are sorry to hear this, please email LEN@lboro.ac.uk and we can help!
4. Can I vote for multiple businesses?
Unfortunately not, this is a competition and the nature of this one is that we have to select one winner for each category. Thank you for your support, we know it's tough.