UK/EU Postgraduate Research
The key details are:
- Loans up to £25,700
- available across all subjects
- intended to contribute towards the costs of your PhD
To be eligible you must be:
- a UK or EU national ordinarily resident in England or an EU student who meets certain criteria,
- aged 59 or under,
- accepted for PhD study at a UK university,
- not in receipt of Research Council funding.
Part-time students are also eligible to apply.
Repayment of the loan begins when your income is over a certain amount (the ‘threshold’ amount). The postgraduate loan repayment rate is 6% on earnings over the threshold amount, but this could be up to 15% if you have other student loans relating to undergraduate study.
Interest will be charged from the day you get the first payment.
For further information and details of how to apply, visit the Government Doctoral Loan website.