Loughborough University
Leicestershire, UK
LE11 3TU
+44 (0)1509 222222
Loughborough University

Student Enquiries

Council tax

Notifying the Council of your Student Status

Charnwood Borough Council

The University automatically sends lists of full-time students to Charnwood Borough Council as follows:

If you receive a Council Tax bill within these periods, you should contact Charnwood Borough Council to advise them that you are a full-time student and that your exemption status will be confirmed by the University shortly.

You will be included on this list if you have registered for the current academic year and you have provided us with a term-time address.

More information regarding Charnwood Borough Council and Council Tax is available here.

Other Councils

If you reside in an area that is not covered by Charnwood Borough Council, you will need to visit the Student Enquiries Counter in the Rutland Building and request a Council Tax Exemption Certificate. This letter confirms your status as a student and study dates and can be presented to the relevant Council as proof of your full-time student status.

Student Self-Service

Review and update your student record online.

Find out more »

Student Handbook

For new and current students, the essential guide to studying at Loughborough.

Find out more »