Loughborough Sport Tennis runs a popular Mini Tennis programme offering a great introduction to the sport for 3-11 year olds.
PROGRAMME UPDATE - Mini Tennis
It is with regret that we have taken the difficult decision to pause/cancel our Mini Tennis programme for at least a year. With the challenges presented by COVID-19 and social distancing, it has become very difficult to deliver a safe Mini Tennis programme in such a busy indoor venue. This is further compounded by the exciting development of two additional indoor tennis courts and four squash courts, which if approved will increase our capacity in the long run, but mean we lose most of our parking spaces during the build phase.
We will start to action refunds for any remaining credits. Please note that this may take up to 8 weeks to process, due to the high volume of refund requests we are currently receiving.
- We will be contacting those who paid at centre directly to process the refund.
- Those who paid online will have their credits refunded back to the card they paid with. We will be back in touch to confirm that this has been actioned.
- If your child currently swims on the Learn to Swim programme with us, we will transfer their credits over to this programme.
Mini Tennis in the community
If you are still keen for your child to be involved in Mini Tennis and we sincerely hope you are, there are three other fantastic providers in the local area.
Charnwood Tennis Club
Through coaching sessions, holiday camps and tennis parties players will learn the fundamental skills of tennis before putting those skills into practice in our mini tennis competition. The Mini Tennis programme takes place in our indoor facility on the University campus and is led by our friendly and enthusiastic coaches.
Mini Tennis Coaching
Coaching is delivered by our fantastic team of student coaches, under the guidance of the Tennis Coach Development Manager. Coaching sessions are designed for 3-10 year olds. What we teach and develop within the various age groups can be seen below:
- Tots Tennis 3-5 year-olds: (Requires a parent or guardian on court, to ensure they maximise their experience) Developing the fundamental skill of tennis whilst having fun in a friendly environment.
- Mini Red 5-8 year-olds: Learn to serve, rally and score with a slow ball, as well as building on fundamental movement and co-ordination skills needed for tennis.
- Mini Orange 8-9 year-olds: Develop a rounded game, learning a range of techniques and tactics. Played on a court just smaller than a full size court with a softer ball.
- Mini Green 9-10 year-olds: Put techniques and skills into practice on a full size court with a faster ball. Played on a full court with a ball marginally softer than a full yellow ball.
Fun tennis activities on court with coaching aimed at the age of the party. Also includes access to party room for food and refreshments (food and refreshments NOT provided).
Maximum number for Tots/Mini Red parties: 20 Players
Maximum number for Orange/Green parties: 10 Players
Dates and Prices:
This includes 1 hour on court with coaches followed by 1 hour in the party room.
Dates and more details are available on request, please email Tennis@lboro.ac.uk