A Covid-Safe Clinic
We're looking forward to re-opening the clinic on Monday 27th July and welcoming you back. Things will be a little different to what you're used to however, so please read the info below to see what changes we've made.
To ensure the safety of both our patients and staff in the clinic, we have developed a new process that all patients will need to follow before, during and after their visit.
Before you arrive:
To book an appointment, patients need to visit the online shop and make a full payment for the service required. Once payment has been received the clinic will contact you to book an appointment.
When you arrive:
1. Report to Powerbase reception and complete a temperature check
2. Powerbase reception will ring the clinician who will collect the patient from the 1st floor landing (Top of stairs)
3. The clinician will then lead the patient (keeping social distance) to the designated treatment area.
4. The patient will be asked to use the hand gel provided on entering and leaving the clinic.
5. The patients will be instructed to leave the clinic area out of the nominated door and turn right, exiting down the stairwell at the top of the corridor.
6. Patients are to wear their own face mask/covering for treatment.
We have increased social distancing measures in place and have increased amount of cleaning to reduce the risk of contracting Covid-19.
The rehab gym and game ready room remain closed but the game ready & compex equipment can be used as part of treatment.
(To reduce the risk of cross contamination patients will be asked to purchase their own compex pads (cost £5).)
Patients will receive an e-mail explaining the above process and tasks in place to limit the risks of Covid-19 infection.
Please do not attend the clinic if you answer yes to any of the below questions:
Have you been outside of the UK in the past 14 days? If yes where?
Please consult the government advice page to see if you need to self-isolate: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors
- Has anyone in your household been outside of the UK in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in direct contact with anyone who has had suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
Your current health
- Have you had 3 bouts of sustained coughing in the past 24 hours?
- Have you noticed a loss of smell or taste?
- Have you been more fatigued than usual for you?
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have diarrhoea?
- Are you delirious?
- Do you have a hoarse voice?
- Are you short of breath?
- Do you have abdominal pain?
- Do you have chest pain?
The answers should be no to all these questions, the only exception is where they have travelled outside the UK because some countries are now classed as safe.