Information About Your Physiology Test Booking
We look forward to welcoming you to our lab. Before your visit there are some forms we need you to complete. These, along with some information on what to expect are below.
Before Your Visit:
For any visit to the lab, we require you complete a health questionnaire and a consent form, at least 24 hours before your visit.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us before completing these forms.
If you are booked in for a cycling or running physiology assessment (standard or ultra-endurance fuel utilisation) please follow this next link to fill in a questionnaire about your training and goals, again at least 24 hours before your visit. We use this as a basis for discussions during your visit, to ensure that we get as much information from you as possible to make your feedback report as specific to your needs as possible.
Ultra-Endurance Fuel Utilisation Tests:
When you arrive:
- Report to Reception at the entrance to the Performance Centre and ask for the physiologist you are booked in with. If you are delayed or get lost, please call us on the lab phone: 01509 226084
- Please bring your own, filled drinks bottle. We do have a water cooler in the lab which you are welcome to use.
- If you own a heart rate monitor, please bring this with you. Otherwise we have ones in the lab, which will be cleaned and disinfected after use.
- We have a shower in the lab that you are welcome to use after your session.
- Please ensure you have completed the pre-visit training questionnaire as well as the health and consent forms prior to your visit.
Please do not attend the session if you answer yes to any of the below questions:
Have you been outside of the UK in the past 14 days? If yes where?
Please consult the government advice page to see if you need to self-isolate: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors
- Has anyone in your household been outside of the UK in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in direct contact with anyone who has had suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
Your current health
- Have you had 3 bouts of sustained coughing in the past 24 hours?
- Have you noticed a loss of smell or taste?
- Have you been more fatigued than usual for you?
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have diarrhoea?
- Are you delirious?
- Do you have a hoarse voice?
- Are you short of breath?
- Do you have abdominal pain?
- Do you have chest pain?
The answers should be no to all these questions; the only exception is where you have travelled outside the UK if this is to a country now classed as safe by the Government.