A Covid-Safe Lab
We're looking forward to re-opening the physiology lab and welcoming you back. We, along with the English Institute of Sport, our partners in the lab, have put in place many measures to ensure everyone’s safety. Read below for more information on what to expect.
To ensure the safety of both our customers and staff in the lab, we have developed a new process that all customers will need to follow before, during and after their visit.
Before Your Visit:
We have a health questionnaire that we need you to complete at least 24 hours before your visit.
Also, please follow this next link to fill in a questionnaire about your training and goals, again at least 24 hours before your visit. We use this as a basis for discussions during your visit, to ensure that we get as much information from you as possible to make your feedback report as specific to your needs as possible.
Lastly, we have a consent form we need you to complete. Normally we would get you to do this in the lab after we have explained the test procedures and you have had a chance to ask any questions you might have, but with the current situation we need you to complete this on your own computer at home before your visit. If you do have any questions, please feel free to contact us before completing it.
When you arrive:
- Report to Reception at the entrance to the Performance Centre and complete a temperature check. If you arrive early for your appointment, please wait outside until the appropriate time as there are no waiting areas inside the building. If the weather is bad, please call us on the lab phone and we will let you know if we are ready for you - 01509 226084
- Reception will give you directions to the lab – follow the one-way system upstairs, past the Physiotherapy clinic and down the back stairs. At the bottom of these stairs is a grey key-coded door, and your practitioner will meet you there. If for any reason you get lost en-route, please call us in the lab: 01509 226084
- You will be asked to use the hand gel provided on entering and leaving the lab.
- You are encouraged to bring a face covering to wear in the lab until you start exercising. Practitioners will be wearing a face mask, plus a visor and apron and gloves during the test itself.
- Please bring your own, filled drinks bottle. We do have a water cooler in the lab but want to minimise use of this.
- If you own a heart rate monitor, please bring this with you. Otherwise we have ones in the lab, which will be cleaned and disinfected after use.
- Unfortunately our shower is out of use at the moment.
- Please ensure you have completed the pre-visit training questionnaire as well as the health and consent forms prior to your visit.
Please do not attend the session if you answer yes to any of the below questions:
Have you been outside of the UK in the past 14 days? If yes where?
Please consult the government advice page to see if you need to self-isolate: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors
- Has anyone in your household been outside of the UK in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in direct contact with anyone who has had suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
Your current health
- Have you had 3 bouts of sustained coughing in the past 24 hours?
- Have you noticed a loss of smell or taste?
- Have you been more fatigued than usual for you?
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have diarrhoea?
- Are you delirious?
- Do you have a hoarse voice?
- Are you short of breath?
- Do you have abdominal pain?
- Do you have chest pain?
The answers should be no to all these questions; the only exception is where you have travelled outside the UK if this is to a country now classed as safe by the Government.