Work with us
We have a number of exciting opportunities available to work alongside one of our Lightning teams. See below for our current vacancies and more info on how to apply.
Loughborough Lightning Rugby Media Officer (Voluntary)
Hours: 8-12 per week
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire (some aspects of the role can be completed remotely)
About this role:
Loughborough Lightning Women’s Rugby team compete in the top tier of English Rugby, The Allianz Premier 15s competition. Featuring a wealth of international athletes, the side have consistently finished in the top four of the competition since its inception and strive to be the number one women’s side in the UK. The competition runs from September through to May with weekly matches and training.
To apply for this role please complete the form below.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th September 2021 at 11.59pm
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Offering the opportunity to gain industry level experience in sports marketing and media, this role would suit an individual looking to build a portfolio of work and break into the sports industry whilst gaining hands on experience at the top level of women’s sport. This role will sometimes require the successful candidate to work independently and to plan an ongoing schedule of coverage and content, highlighting the team and programme.
Roles and responsibilities
The role will work closely with the Loughborough Sport Marketing Team to deliver regular, engaging, and relevant content and communications for the team including match day coverage.
The role will also require the individual:
- To create engaging and relevant digital content for the Loughborough Lightning social channels including photography, videography, and graphic creation.
- Written content for media partners and the University
- To support the Rugby programme, staff with developing website content
- To create an ongoing narrative selling the ‘story’ of the team, showcasing behind the scenes and match day action, and incorporating partner and sponsor requirements into the brand.
- Capture and create engaging content in a variety of mediums such as interviews, videos, photos, boomerangs, graphic assets etc. to be used on the social platforms, website and in newsletters
- Take initiative to keep up to date on updates and new content types for digital platforms
- Attend Lightning matches to cover social media channels
- Write regular match reports and news articles for use on the website and in press releases
- Alongside the support team and marketing team staff, manage the social media platforms to raise the reputation and profile of the services
- Plan and deliver appropriate internal and external campaigns linked to the needs and objectives of the team
- Work with the marketing team to develop and maintain a social media content planner