31 December 2021
Doctoral researchers: Data management planning
- Online now
- Visit event website
About this event
Course outline: Whilst the management of research data has always been important to the individual researcher, effective research data management is increasingly important within the whole research lifecycle for all disciplines. This session will show you how to write a data management plan and how this can help you be more efficient in your research.
Participants will be able to:
- Explore research data management (RDM) within the research lifecycle
- Write a data management plan in DMPonline
- Recognise the key terms and concepts involved in RDM
- Identify the benefits and drivers for good data management
- Reflect on best practice for managing digital data effectively
- Discuss common elements of an effective data management plan
- Identify the support offered by IT Services and other Professional Services within the University
This session is aimed at early career researchers, although mid-career researchers would also benefit from the principles discussed.
Mapping to RDF : Domain C: Research Governance and organisation. Sub-domain 1- Professional conduct; Sub-domain 2- Research management; Sub-domain 3-Fiinance, funding and resources.
Please register for DMPOnline before you attend the session: