16 December 2022
Doctoral researchers: Avoiding plagiarism (ONLINE)
- Available now
- Visit event website
About this event
Overview: This session allows participants to explore what constitutes plagiarism and how to avoid it, including correct citation and good academic practice.
By the end of the workshop, attendees should be able to:
- Describe what constitutes plagiarism and the different forms it may take
- Outline the causes and consequences of plagiarism
- Recognise the skills needed to avoid plagiarism and recall how it can be detected
- Explain the need for accurate referencing and citation
- Locate information and support on citation styles and how to manage references
Other information: This session is recommended for all early career postgraduate research students and relates to the Researcher Development Framework's Domain C1 - Professional Conduct and Domain D2 - Communication and dissemination.
Please note that students who have done their undergraduate or masters degrees at Loughborough and attended a Library workshop on plagiarism during their studies, might have covered similar material, although they might fiind this useful as a 'refresher'.