23 June 2021
Doctoral Researchers: Creating an effective publication strategy
- Online now
- Visit event website
About this event
Overview: This session will highlight the importance of developing an appropriate and effective publishing strategy. It will demonstrate tools and databases that provide journal information and indicators to help you select the most appropriate vehicles for your research outputs. It will discuss the strengths and weaknesses of both the tools and the statistics when measuring impact. Ultimately, it will help you to develop appropriate publication strategies for raising your profile within your own research area.
Participants will be able to:
- recognise that different disciplines and individuals require different publication strategies
- discuss the potential audiences for research outputs and the different channels required to reach them
- explore tools that identify journals within your research area
- distinguish the strengths and weaknesses of indicators, as a measure of research impact
- evaluate the citation impact of current research through the use of selected tools
- identify the range of services available for increasing the visibility of research outputs, such as profile tools
- develop appropriate publication strategies for raising your profile within your own research area
Additional information: This session is recommended for all mid-career and experienced postgraduate research students and relates to the Researcher Development Framework's Domain A1 - Knowledge base; B3 - Personal qualities and D2 - Communication and dissemination.
Other information: Please bring your Loughborough University usernames and passwords.