16 December 2022
Doctoral researchers : Copyright and your thesis (ONLINE)
- Available now
- Visit event website
About this event
Overview: This course explains how and why all doctoral researchers must comply with UK copyright law when writing and submittiing their thesis. It will also highlight the importance of copyright issues when publishing your research outputs.
Participants will be able to:
- Recognise why it is important to think about copyright when producing research outputs
- Identify some basic facts of UK copyright and how it directly relates to your thesis
- Recognise the importance of complying with UK copyright law both in your thesis and other publications
- Consider how and when to seek copyright permission
- Consider copyright issues when publishing
- Identify where to go for further help about copyright whilst at Loughborough
Other information: This session is recommended for all early and mid-career postgraduate research students and relates to the Researcher Development Framework's Domain B1 - Personal qualities; C1 - Professional conduct and Domain D2 - Communication and dissemination.