Emma Walton BA (Ulster), MA (UNL), FHEA
Director of Library Services and University Librarian
- 01509 222340
To provide strategic direction and leadership for the University Library and the development of its services, staff and space.
To lead the efficient and effective planning, co-ordination, development and delivery of appropriate library services to the staff and students of the University and other stakeholders.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2010-
Member of the Mercian Collaboration Steering Group and Chair of the Conference Group
Member of the Mercian Collaboration ( Directors of Midlands Libraries)
SCONUL representative for the University Library
Member of Loughborough University Senate, Learning and Teaching Committee and Student Discipline Committee
- Introduction to a snapshot overview of library induction methods :Large-group induction at the Universityof Sussex Library: adapting the Cephalonian method in SCONUL Focus 40 Spring 2007 57
- Delivering academic support at the University of Sussex Library SCONUL Focus - Number 45, 2009
- Case study on University of Sussex’ Patron Drive Acquisition ebook planfor JISC project -The Role of Metadata in the Discovery, Selection and Acquisition of e-Books 2011 https://ebmotmet.wikispaces.com/Case_studies
- 19th April 2011 @LILAC Sharing an ethos: supporting new teachers at the University of Sussex
- November 24th 2011 CILIP Executive Briefing: Ebooks: putting policy into practice