27 Sep 2019
While You've Been Away...
Welcome back to all our returning students who are moving back in to Loughborough this weekend ahead of the start of term next week - we hope you've missed us as much as we've missed you!
We've been busy while you've been away - here are some the changes that have taken place in the Library over the summer:
- Athens is gone: we've completed the removal of Athens authentication from our electronic resources and have switched to a simpler single sign-in method - https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/library/news/2019/0909---athens-is-gone.html
- New Subject Guides: we've completely revised, refreshed and updated our online subject guides, and created a new A-Z listing of all our databases. https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/library/news/2019/2509---new-subject-guides.html
- Self Issue Machines Relocated: we've removed the self issue machines from Levels 1 & 2 and added a third one to Level 3 - https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/library/news/2019/2009---self-issue-machines.html
- New Plasma Screens: to further help users check on study room availablity and bookings, we've installed extra plasma screens outside the Group Study Rooms and Study Carrels on levels 1 & 2. More will be added soon!
- Study Room Wireless Connectivity Trial: we're trialling a wireless connectivity system in Group Study Rooms 3A & 3B, so it's easier than ever before to connect your devices to a bigger screen!
- Level 4 Redesignated: following feedback, we've removed the 'Quiet Study' designation from open workstation area on Level 4. Levels 1 & 2 remain the designated 'Quiet Study' areas.
- New Consultation Space: we've installed a Consultation Space in the High Demand Area on Level 3, to make it easier than ever before to arrange one-to-one meetings with your Academic Librarian. Please note this is only available to book by Library staff.
- New Pedestrian Crossing: that's right, the Library now has its own pedestrian crossing, directly outside the building next to the bus stop (car park side).