19 Dec 2019
January 24-7 Opening Begins on Monday 6th January
Our 24-7 Opening for the January exam period begins when we open on Monday 6th January at 8.30am, and will run until 2am on Thursday 30th January.
A few things to note:
- Extra Study Space in Seminar Room 1. Additional study tables will be placed inside our largest seminar room on Level 3 and this will be open for students to use from Thursday 9th. No need to book, just go in and grab a seat!
- Desk Clearing. Busy library means fewer spaces, and sometimes people aren’t always considerate about how much space they take up! As usual we’ll be patrolling the floors and removing any items left unattended for more than 30 minutes to free up space.
- Noise Alert Text Service. If anyone is being too noisy or disruptive you can let us know quietly and confidentially via our Noise Alert Text Service, the number for which can be found throughout the building. Please note this service is only to report excessive noise - if you wish to report any other problems within the building, such as litter or library environment issues, please speak to a member of staff at our enquiry desks.
- Restricted Access for External Visitors. Owing to how crowded our study spaces can get during 24-7 we have again taken the decision to restrict access to the Library during the exam season to current students and staff of Loughborough University only. External visitors will only be admitted providing they have proof of the necessary level of SCONUL membership. And to keep all of our PCs free for our students use, no guest username & passwords will be issued during 24-7. It is therefore vital that all of our students should carry their ID cards to gain entry – quite apart from the fact that it is a University regulation to keep your card with you at all times!
- Social Media Updates. If you haven’t already subscribed to our Twitter and Facebook feeds, now is a good time! We’ll be keeping everyone up to date with any relevant service updates and announcements, including study room availability.
- Free Stressbusting Massages! After the massive popularity of last year's sessions, the University Physiotherapy Clinic will be repeating their daily Stressbusting Massage clinic in the Library during 24-7. We'll provide further information in due course.
- Talk to Us! Above all, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you need any kind of assistance or support – we’re here to help as best we can.