- Allows you to store your work documents in a safe place
- Is regularly backed up and always available to you
- In computer labs, appears as Documents on the desktop
- Your documents will be available to you on any campus PC (library & computer lab)
- Connecting to the VPN allows you to gain access to these files on personal devices, off-campus, via the AnyConect VPN Client
- Students are allocated 1GB storage in the workspace.
Managing Your Usage
Due to the limited storage space, you will be notified to manage your usage when you reach 95% capacity. We have provided Windows users with a tool called WinDirStat to identify the largest files to quickly manage usage and delete unnecessary files.
Please note - the tool is only available on-campus, and can be accessed via campus PCs, wirelessly through eduroam, or through HallNet.
Clik WinDirStat to run the application. You will be asked for your Loughborough credentials (username and password).
A message box will appear, select Run to start the application.
Click Run in the warning message.
A message box will appear asking you to select a drive to scan. Based on the device, follow the appropriate settings below (either A or B):
The scan will take a few seconds to complete. During this time you will see Pac Man type images moving across the screen.
When the scan has finished, you will see colourful images at the bottom half of the screen known as a treemap. The treemap represents each file as a coloured rectangle, the area of which is proportional to the file's size. The colour of rectangle indicates the type of file, as illustrated in the extension list.
To the left of the screen you will see a list of files and folders. The list is arranged in size order so you can easily see which files are using most space. Clicking on a folder will also select the folder in the treemap and selecting a file in the treemap will select it in the file and folder list.