Guidance When Using Campus Computer Labs
- All activity in these labs is subject to the Loughborough University IT Acceptable Use Policy
- No smoking in the lab at any time.
- You may only drink in the labs from closed, spill-proof containers.
- Any files you wish to keep must be saved on your Loughborough University OneDrive (Documents)
- You must not leave your computer logged on and unattended for any period.
- You must not connect your own computer to the wired network in the computer labs and is against the IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- You must not download or attempt to install any software on the lab computers.
- The usage of lab computers and the software installed on them is automatically logged in accordance with the IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- Please report any faulty computers, software problems or problems with the room, please complete the online form Report an issue form or contact IT.Services@lboro.ac.uk.
Information for Lecturers
Booking a Lab
How to book a lab
Please follow this link to the teaching support pages Teaching support - room bookings
Projection Facilities and Impero
All major teaching labs are equipped with a screen projection device. For any problems with Audio Visual equipment in Labs, contact Teaching Support Ext.222199.
Impero is available in all of the Loughborough University Computer Labs running Windows 7.
Please note that Impero has now replaced the LanSchool Classroom Management Tool. IT Services no longer support LanSchool.
Impero Education Pro is a feature-rich Classroom Management Tool that provides Loughborough University with:
- Classroom Management
- Computer Usage Monitoring
- Desktop Utilisation
- Inventory Management
- Remote Control and Support
- The ability to broadcast the teacher's screen to all or selected students
- The ability to broadcast a student screen to others
- Help and assist students remotely
For more information on Impero Education Pro, please visit imperosoftware.co.uk
Hearing loop systems for the hard of hearing and public address systems have been installed in our labs: N004/5, and LDS003 have PA systems and a Loop, SMB108/9, U007, S006 have a Loop only. Lecturers should e-mail email@example.com to book these facilities.