Learn how to connect your Mac OS X to eduroam, the university's wireless network
Step by step instructions:
To connect your Mac OS X to the wireless network, eduroam:
- Open Wi-Fi Settings (or the Wi-Fi icon) > select setup-wifi
- Once connected > open Safari > type: https://cloudpath.lboro.ac.uk
- Type in your Loughborough username and password > click Continue (if prompted to save password > click Not Now or Never)
- Read and Accept the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- If you have previously connected to eduroam you can review your devices and delete certificates which are not in use
- If you are using an existing device, select the device name from the list and click ‘continue’.
- If this is a new device, select 'This is an additional device' fill in the Name for the device and click ‘continue’.
- Select the appropriate option (wired or not), if you are unsure > click No
- Click the button to download the Certificate for Mac OS
- A pop-up box will appear > click Continue
- Click Install > and Install again
- Enter the device username and password (NOT your Loughborough username and password) > click OK
- When the profile has been installed > click Done > go to your Wi-Fi Settings and select eduroam to connect.
- To forget setup-wifi > select network, advanced > highlight setup-wifi> click on the minus icon > click ok and then click apply
*To remove a certificate, click Remove, and then Continue. Make sure to delete the profile from your device too.
Need more help?
The instructions given below are only for when this mechanism does not work.
Manual configuration is not possible on OSX 10.7 (OSX Lion) and higher, therefore, the following instructions can only be followed if running OSX earlier than 10.7 (which we no longer recommend).
Download the Loughborough University Certificate Authority from the link below and follow the Certificate Authority Installation guide: