Microsoft Teams: Launch of self-service teams creation
1:41PM, 14 April 2021
In Microsoft Teams, teams are groups of people brought together for work, projects, or common interests. From Friday 16 April 2021 staff and post-graduate researchers will be able to create a team via the Microsoft Teams App
- Self-service - create your own team in minutes
- Easily manage settings for your team
Further guidance to consider before creating a team can be found on the Microsoft Teams webpages , this includes:
- Loughborough University naming conventions. Prefix your team name with a school, department, programme, project or similar short code: e.g. ITS-Project X
- Team types. Loughborough University commonly use Class type teams for teaching and Other for all other cases. Once a team is created this cannot be changed.
- Your responsibilities as a team owner
Note:Module Teams are automatically created and updated based on a data feed from Loughborough University Student Information so care should be taken if using module codes in team names
CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND HELP?