Loughborough University
Leicestershire, UK
LE11 3TU
+44 (0)1509 263171
Loughborough University

International Student Advice and Support

Visa Advice

Short term study visa

A short-term study visa is different from a Tier 4 student visa as it only allows someone to come to the UK to study for up to 6 months (or 11 months for English language courses).  This visa does not allow any type of work.

Please click on the leaflet below to read more about a short-term study visa, how to apply and what evidence you will require:

Short term study visa
 NB: If you are travelling to the UK to just attend your graduation ceremony you should apply for immigration permission as a standard visitor (the same category used by tourists) as you will not be studying.

The Student Advice and Support Service is authorised to provide immigration advice and services by an order made under section 84(4)(d) of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (The Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (Part V Exemption: Educational Institutions and Health Sector Bodies) Order 2001 (Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 1403)). Should you have a complaint about the service you can use the Student Advice and Support Service's complaints procedure or you can use the OISC Complaints Scheme.