Loughborough University
Leicestershire, UK
LE11 3TU
+44 (0)1509 263171
Loughborough University

International Student Advice and Support

Living in the UK

Living On Campus

The University has a large amount of halls on campus to choose from for undergraduate, postgraduate and returning students. All applications are made through the Student Accommodation Centre.

Problems in halls

If you have any problems with your University halls accommodation the first person to talk to would be your Warden or a sub-warden. The Student Accommodation Centre can also help. 

Alternatively, you can come to and talk to one of our advisers who may be able to advise you further.

For privately owned halls, email us or make an appointment to see and adviser.

Private halls

There are many private student halls of residence in Loughborough. Students should be aware that if you rent in one of these halls it is the same as renting a house from a private landlord. Your tenancy will be an assured shorthold, and your deposit will need to be protected in the government tenancy deposit scheme.

As with any private rental agreement you will not be let out of your contract if you choose to leave your studies or are asked to leave. You will be expected to find a replacement tenant for your room before you contract can be brought to an end. Until then, you will be liable for the rent.

Please come and see an adviser if you are having any problems with a private hall provider.