Funding is available to support academic staff, research staff and research students in creating impact from their work..
EPG funding aims to accelerate the translation of research outputs into social, economic and cultural impacts.
The dates for upcoming funding calls are available on the Enterprise calendar. If all funding is allocated, deadlines may be withdrawn.
EPG funding supports a wide range of activity, including:
- Bought in specialist expertise / consultancy
- Stakeholder engagement activities
- Public engagement activities (as a route to impact generation)
- Enterprise development awards
- Enterprise training for academics/ researchers
- Market analysis / Business case development
- Project specific marketing materials
- Proof of concept / prototype development
- Secondments / people movement in and out
- CPD development (as a route to impact)
Take a look at the EPG projects page to see what EPG has funded.
EPG are particularly keen to support short-term secondment activity which should:
- involve the secondment of academic or research staff into external organisations, or the secondment of industrial or other research-user personnel into the University to work alongside academics
- comprise clear knowledge transfer with the potential to generate impact for both the academic team and the collaborating organisation
- include a letter of support from any collaborating organisation, detailing their commitment to the project
The EPG cannot fund research activities or dissemination to academic audiences.