Loughborough Doctoral College

Funding and Studentships

Students checking out literature in the Student Services foyer

Hardship and other support

The Hardship Fund

If you find yourself in financial difficulties, advisors in the Student Advice and Support Service may be able to help.

In addition, the University has a fund available to help students who are facing financial hardship. The award is not automatic and students need to make a full application – full details are available on the Student Support Hardship page

Students Disabled Allowance

Students with Disabilities are entitled to funding from the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA). This helps disabled Postgraduate students with expenses incurred as a consequence of their disability. For advice, contact the Student Wellbeing and Inclusivity team (SWAI) on campus. Detailed information is also available at gov.uk.

Government benefits for Postgraduate students

Full-time UK Postgraduate students usually do not have to pay Council Tax. Part-time UK Postgraduate students may be eligible for housing, council tax or other benefits. For details, contact your local benefits agency or visit the Department for Work and Pensions website.