Large format posters
We can print posters up to A0 size, either over the counter or using the self-service poster printers.
Whether you want to advertise an event or need a poster for your coursework, our large format posters are a great way to make a statement.
Standard posters can be printed on matt or satin paper, from A2 up to A0 size. You can order posters at the counter, or take advantage of our speedy self-service poster printer for a quicker turnaround. We can also provide bespoke sized posters up to a metre wide with no limit on length.
For specialist projects we stock a range of media such as acetate, tracing paper, wallpaper, Tyvek and soft banner material. These bespoke projects are produced on our managed service using industry standard printers, ensuring a high quality finish. You can also order laminated posters for a more hard-wearing product.
Managed service (turnaround 24-48 hours)
Our managed service at the Creative & Print Services counter is a great option for special media, bespoke sized or laminated posters. Turnaround time is 24-48 hours, and you benefit from the attention of our experienced printing technicians.
Self-service (turnaround about 30 minutes)
For the quickest turnaround of about 30 minutes you can use your print credits and a university PC to access the self service poster printer (located at Creative & Print Services).
- Check that you have ample printer credit for your poster, and that your file is saved as a pdf.
- Log in to any university Windows based PC.
- Open your PDF file in the program Adobe Acrobat
- Go to the print menu and use the drop-down list of available printers to select the appropriate printer:
- Large-Format-Poster-Plain for plain paper (£6.00 for all sizes)
- Large-Format-Poster-Photo for satin paper (£9.00 for all sizes)
- Next go to page size options and select the required poster size from A0, A1 or A2.
- Leave the orientation set to Auto Portrait/Landscape.
- Check the preview (if available) to make sure that your poster image fits within the selected size. We recommend using the Fit option to scale your file to the paper size.
- When you are happy that you have selected the correct options, click print. Your poster should be ready for collection from Herbert Manzoni in about 30 minutes, but please leave ample time in case of any issues.
Please note that self service posters cannot be laminated.
Where a request for printing or photocopying involves materials which are subject to copyright laws, clearance must be obtained in advance from the person requesting the service.
There is more information on the Copyright Guidance website about photocopying extracts from printed books and journals.