Explore career options
School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
Sport and Exercise Psychology
Your careers team
Based in the Bridgeman Building, Gill can support you with:
Finding and applying for jobs, placements and a range of graduate opportunities. She offers 20 minute Quick Advice appointments and is available at the Careers Help Point on selected days in the Bridgeman Building.
Exploring your career options within a 30 minute Careers Consultation.
Mock interviews to practise interview questions and receive feedback.
She also delivers presentations and workshops tailored to individual programmes and year groups within SSEHS, including Personal Best lectures and CV workshops.
Based in the Bridgeman building, Sophie can support you with:
- Applying for jobs – CVs, cover letters and other applications.
- Helping you find opportunities, including internships and placements.
- Interview support
She has weekly bookable 20 minute appointments both in Bridgeman Building and within your departments at The Place that you can book on Careers Online.
Based in The Place in Stewart Mason, Clare can help you with:
• Finding, applying and setting up placements within your department. You can email Clare on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Key skills developed during your degree
- A good understanding of information technology.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Presentation and oral communication.
- Research and data analysis.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Time-management and planning skills.
- Written communication; including report writing, time-management and planning.
Careers directly related to Psychology:
- Clinical psychologist
- Counselling psychologist
- Educational psychologist
- Forensic psychologist
- Further education teacher
- Health psychologist
- High intensity therapist
- Occupational psychologist
- Primary care graduate mental health worker
- Psychological wellbeing practitioner
- Sport and exercise psychologist
Careers where your degree would be useful:
- Actuarial analyst
- Advertising account planner
- Advice worker
- Careers adviser
- Data analyst
- Forensic accountant
- Human resources officer
- Market researcher
- Physician associate
- Play therapist
- UX analyst
Further study at Loughborough University:
The School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences offers a comprehensive range of postgraduate taught programmes across the areas of health science, sport performance and social sciences of sport, education and society:
SSEHS also offer Research degree opportunities within Behavioural Medicine.
Further study elsewhere:
Popular areas of Further Study:
This is according to Loughborough University’s DLHE Statistics between 2011/12 – 2013/14:
- MRes – Psychology
- MSc - Organisational Psychology
- MSc - Psychology of Sport & Exercise
- PhD - Research Methods & Psychology
Where do graduates go?
Our Sport and Exercise Psychology course began in 2016, therefore we currently have no graduate destination data available. To see the destinations of other related programmes, please click on the relevant link under Options with your degree.
Resources to research career areas
- BASES: The British Association of Sport and Excercise Sciences.
- Clinpsy, information for those interested in a career in Clinical Psychology.
- Generation Medics
- NHS: explore roles.
- NHS, training opportunities with a degree.
- Prospects, what can I do with a degree in Psychology?
- TargetJobs, what can I do with a Psychology degree?
- The British Psychological Society.
- Blogging.com, Get Noticed in the Psychology Field By Blogging (please note, this is an American website so some information may vary to Psychology roles in the UK).
Prospects Job Profiles:
- icould: Clinical Psychologist.
- icould: Consultant Psychotherapist.
- icould: Psychotherapist.
- Vega: Psychologist.
Resources to find work experience, placements and graduate jobs
Psychology specific websites:
- BPS - Jobs in Psychology.
- Children and Young People Now jobs.
- Jobs and careers in the justice system.
- Mental Health Jobs.
- National Autistic Society jobs.
- NHS jobs.
- Psychminded jobs.
- Social care jobs.
Professional bodies, sector and labour market information (LMI)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- British Psychological Society.
- The Royal College of Psychiatry.
- UK Council for Psychotherapy.
- The British Association for Sport and Exercise Sciences.
- Health and Care Professions Council.
- European Federation of Sport Psychology.
- International Society of Sport Psychology.
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology.
- Society for Sport, Exercise and Performance Psychology.
Sector and labour market information (LMI):
TalkSport returned for 2020 on Thursday 30th January with an array of companies offering their information and advice to students looking to work within the industry, as well as workshops and a Q&A panel towards the end of the day.