Explore career options
School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
Slides from our 2019 Graduate Entry Medicine presentation can be found on our Learn module.
Your careers team
Based in the Bridgeman Building, Gill can support you with:
Finding and applying for jobs, placements and a range of graduate opportunities. She offers 20 minute Quick Advice appointments and is available at the Careers Help Point on selected days in the Bridgeman Building.
Exploring your career options within a 30 minute Careers Consultation.
Mock interviews to practise interview questions and receive feedback.
She also delivers presentations and workshops tailored to individual programmes and year groups within SSEHS, including Personal Best lectures and CV workshops.
Based in the Bridgeman building, Sophie can support you with:
- Applying for jobs – CVs, cover letters and other applications.
- Helping you find opportunities, including internships and placements.
- Interview Support
She has weekly bookable 20 minute appointments both in Bridgeman Building and within your departments at The Place that you can book on Careers Online.
Based in The Place in Stewart Mason, Clare can help you with:
• Finding, applying and setting up placements within your department. You can email Clare on email@example.com
Key skills developed during your degree
- A good understanding of information technology
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Presentation and oral communication
- Research and data analysis
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Time-management and planning skills
- Written communication; including report writing, time-management and planning
Careers directly related to your degree:
- Higher education lecturer
- Marine biologist
- Nature conservation officer
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Scientific laboratory technician
- Secondary school teacher
- Soil scientist
- Teaching laboratory technician
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
NHS Scientist Training Programme (STP): Postgraduate training involving three years of work-based training, leading to an accredited master's degree and certification of achievement in one of nine themed pathways:
Further study at Loughborough University:
The School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences offers a comprehensive range of postgraduate taught programmes across the areas of health science, sport performance and social sciences of sport, education and society:
SSEHS also offer Research degree opportunities within Biomedical Sciences:
Further study elsewhere:
Popular areas of Further Study:
As this is a new degree we do not currently have data of where our graduates continue for further study. However, the data below is according to Loughborough University’s DLHE Statistics between 2011/12 – 2013/14 for Human Biology:
- MPhil - Biological Anthropology
- MPhil - Public Health
- MRes - Human Biology
- MSc - Exercise Physiology
- MSc - Medical Science
- MSc – Physiotherapy
- MSc - Sport & Exercise Nutrition
- MSc in Clinical Science
- PhD - Healthcare Engineering
- Teach First
Where do graduates go?
Our Biological Sciences course began in 2018, therefore we currently have no graduate destination data available. To see the destinations of other related programmes, please click on the relevant link under Options with your degree.
Resources to research career areas
- ABPI, case studies
- Generation Medics
- List of Biology Careers Resources
- NHS: explore roles
- NHS, training opportunities with a degree
- Prospects, what can I do with a Biology degree?
- Prospects, what can I do with a Biomedical science degree?
- TargetJobs, what can I do with a biology degree?
- Top Universities, what can you do with a Biology degree?
Resources to find work experience, placements and graduate jobs
Websites to search for opportunities:
- Careers Online - Our website for vacancies and opportunities and internally through your department.
- Year In Industry – This organisation can help match you to industrial placements. It's free to use for our students.
- Gradcracker - Search for internships, placements and graduate opportunities.
- TargetJobs - Browse opportunities, career sectors, internships and careers advice.
- Prospects - Search for graduate jobs.
- STEM Graduates - Search for STEM specific graduate jobs.
- Ask in your department.
Biology specific websites:
Professional bodies, sector and labour market information (LMI)
- Biochemical Society
- Institute of Biomedical Scientists
- Royal Society of Biology
- The Academy of Medical Sciences
- The Association for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine
- The Society for General Microbiology
Sector and labour market information (LMI):